17A Royal Street, SE, Leesburg, VA 20175
Fax: (703) 669-2000
I have a special interest in gray divorces –couples married over 20 years and over 50 years old. My goal is to help you through a major loss and to imagine options for a better future. The most successful divorce is the one in which you have a vision of where you want to go and your desire to use the divorce process to move toward that goal.
COVID-19 NOTICE: In an abundance of caution, our firm is fully operational but we are limiting outside visitors to our office at this time. Attorneys and staff may be working remotely, but continue to be active on all current and new client matters. Please call or email the office as you normally would for assistance. We are also available for virtual meetings via zoom. Our primary goal is to continue to provide excellent services while also doing our best to ensure the health and safety of our staff and clients. We greatly appreciate your understanding and flexibility during this time.
Law Office of Elizabeth Pendzich, PC
Collaborative Law at a glance:
* Encourages mutual respect
* Avoids going to court/keeps family matters private
* Keeps control of the process with the clients
* Provides for open communication
* Utilizes a problem solving approach
* Identifies and addresses the needs and interests of all family members
* Prepares individuals for new lives
* More cost effective than litigation
My goal is to provide sensitive and respectful service to each client based on your individual and family interests, needs and goals. Family law – especially separation and divorce – are difficult, painful and stressful times for you and I strive to provide a safe and caring environment in which to resolve the issues you face. I have extensive litigation experience with family law issues and will litigate, if necessary. But I prefer to use the collaborative process to resolve separations and divorces.
The collaborative process is based on an agreement between the spouses, not to litigate, to totally disclose needed information, and to make decisions as a team. The team is composed of clients and professionals: lawyers, mental health coaches, and financial neutrals. The collaborative process allows for and encourages creative solutions to your separation and divorce issues and encourages mutual respect by beginning with a frank and exhaustive discussion of each spouse's and your family's interests, needs and goals.
Please contact me to explore the best resolution options for your unique situation.
We encourage you to visit the website of the International Academy of Collaborative Professionals if you are considering the collaborative process.
Some unique aspects of Collaborative Practice include the following:
· Team based approach involving attorneys, and where needed, mental health professional coaches and child specialists, and financial experts.
· Clients negotiate creative solutions that facilitate deep and durable legal, financial and emotional outcomes that they can both live with.
· Process supports cooperative co-parenting arrangements that help manage the effects of divorce on your children, protecting their best interests, preserving healthy attachments, and seeking the emotional well-being of the entire family.
· Process can often be less costly than the traditional, adversarial model.
· Clients have control of their own decisions and agreements, while the professional Team provides guidance through legal, parenting, and financial questions and the collaborative decis ion-making process.